The men’s hormone test panel is one of the most in-depth tests for men’s health. Information about your hormone levels can be valuable when evaluating conditions related to infertility, sexual dysfunction, and andropause—an age-related decline in male hormone levels.
Hormone imbalances in men can contribute to:
- Decreased libido
- Erectile dysfunction
- Sleep disorders
- Decreased muscle mass and strength
- General fatigue/decreased energy
- Increased risk for coronary artery disease or heart attack
- Hair loss or thinning
- Increased fat accumulation
- Weight gain
- Urinary problems
- Decreased bone density or osteoporosis
- Compromised immune function
- Irritability and depression
It is clear why we think everyone should consider a hormone test panel. Specifically, the Track Your Max hormone panel will test the most important three hormone areas for health and fitness.
Thyroid blood tests are used to measure the amount of thyroid hormones in your blood. The measurement can indicate if your thyroid gland is functioning properly and help diagnose thyroid diseases. Your thyroid is the butterfly-shaped gland at the front part of your neck and it produces the thyroid hormone which regulates your body’s temperature, weight, and energy usage. The thyroid test is a key measurement when looking at the full picture of your metabolism.
Thyroid blood tests can show if you have a thyroid disorder. The most common are:
- Hyperthyroidism – An overactive thyroid producing more thyroid hormones than your body needs. Speeds up your metabolism, which can cause weight loss, rapid heartbeat, insomnia, puffiness around the eyes, anxiety and other symptoms. Most commonly caused by Graves’ disease.
- Hypothyroidism – An underactive thyroid producing too few thyroid hormones. Slows down your metabolism, which can cause weight gain, dry and puffy skin, and fatigue. The most common cause of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto’s disease.
A testosterone test measures the male sex hormone testosterone in your body. Testosterone plays an important role in sexual development and is produced mainly by the adrenal glands and testes in men and, in much smaller amounts, by the ovaries in women.
As part of the test, 2 different measures of testosterone are taken.
- total testosterone – measures the entire amount of testosterone in the body. This includes the hormones bound to proteins that help transport the testosterone through the bloodstream and the free testosterone.
- free testosterone – the testosterone that’s not attached to proteins and can give more information about any possible medical conditions.
Cortisol is known as the stress hormone of the body. This hormone is created in the adrenal glands and is important to several bodily functions.
Cortisol helps you respond to stress and helps fight infection, maintain blood pressure, and regulate blood sugar and metabolism. In a healthy person, cortisol rises and falls at different times of the day and is usually higher in the morning and lower at night. Lower or higher than normal cortisol levels can indicate some serious health conditions such as Addison’s disease, Cushing’s syndrome, or even a tumor causing abnormal hormone levels.
How does it work?
Use our online form or call our office to schedule your appointment. During your appointment, one of our trusted professionals will draw blood and assign it for testing the hormone panel you have selected. Once the results have returned from the lab, you will receive a digital copy of the full breakdown of your hormone panel results.
We understand that the results by themselves can be confusing and knowing what steps to take is even more of a mystery. That is why we will schedule a tele-consultation with you to review your results, and give you a better insight to your overall health and changes needed to further improve it. With this powerful information in your hand, you can build the best health program that will get you to better health and peak performance.
The physicians and consultants at Track Your Max in Webster, TX dedicate themselves to providing essential services to people who are taking their health seriously. If you are ready to have a dedicated team provide you with a breakdown of your body’s inner working and help you establish and reach health and fitness goals, Track Your Max is ready for you.